I have discovered that some people are having this same issues with their Bank Verification Number (BVN) details because I saw many people with similar case in the bank halls then but the unfortunate part is many people are not yet aware of how to update theirs and how to go about it so that is why I am writing this new post on How to Correct and Update BVN Details.
In case you don’t know how to check your BVN Number, see this article to check your BVN Number now.
The Central Bank of Nigeria already made it known to the public that only the Commercial Banks are given access to the BVN database of their customers. BVN was introduced in Nigeria to curb corruption, impersonation, ghost workers and so on.
As a result, if you made any mistake during the registration of your Bank Verification Number, you can now correct, update or change the provided details entirely.
How to Correct and Update Your BVN Details
To update your BVN details, kindly visit and lodge a complaint at the bank branch where you registered.
Corrections that you can make on your BVN Details
- Date of birth
- Change of first name due to marriage
- Corrections in name due to mis-spelling
Documents Required for BVN Details Update
- Birth certificate – for correction of Date of Birth.
- Those changing or correcting details due to marriage should provide marriage certificate/affidavit as a proof.
- Corrections of name due to mis-spelling can be changed by presenting an international passport, national identity card or voters card showing the correct name.