Vivo NEX S with 6.59-inch FHD+ display, Snapdragon 845, 8GB RAM, in-display fingerprint sensor and NEX with Snapdragon 710, 6GB Ram
Update: Even though earlier rumors said that the phones will cost 5000 yuan, a new leak reveals that the Vivo NEX S with Snapdragon 845, 8GB RAM and in-display fingerprint scanner will be priced at 4498 yuan (US$ 780 / Rs. 52,330 approx.)and the the Snapdragon 710-powered NEX will cost 3798 yuan (US$ 592 / Rs. 39,910 approx.),
Earlier: Last week Vivo confirmed that it will introduce its flagship NEX series smartphone in China on June 12. Now the NEX S and NEX smartphones have been listed on the official Vivo site that reveals the design and the complete specifications of both the smartphones. Both the smartphones have a 6.59-inch Full HD+ display without a notch, but there is a small bezel below the display. The phone will likely use ultrasonic technology for proximity sensor and piezoelectric ceramic acoustic system instead of a standard earpiece similar to the Mi MIX. Another image shows that pop-up camera.
These run Android 8.1 (Oreo) with Funtouch OS 4.0 on top and feature a 12-megapixel rear camera along with a secondary 5-megapixel camera for portrait shots and AI features. There is also an 8-megapixel camera on the front, which pops up from the top. The top-end NEX S will be powered by Snapdragon 845 with 8GB of RAM and the NEX will be powered by Snapdragon 710 with 6GB of RAM.
Latest Geekbench leak confirms that the version with Snapdragon 845 and 8GB of RAM will be called the NEX S.
Vivo NEX S and NEX rumored specifications
- 6.59-inch (2316×1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19:9 IPS display
- 2.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 845 64-bit 10nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 630 GPU (NEX S) / Octa-Core Snapdragon 710 10nm Mobile Platform (Dual 2.2GHz Kryo 360 + Hexa 1.7GHz Kryo 360 CPUs) with Adreno 616 GPU (NEX)
- 8GB (NEX S) / 6GB RAM (NEX), 128GB internal storage
- Dual SIM
- Funtouch OS 4.0 based on Android 8.1 (Oreo)
- 12MP rear camera with LED flash, secondary 5MP camera
- 8MP front-facing camera
- In-display fingerprint sensor (NEX S) / rear-mounted fingerprint sensor (NEX)
- Dimensions: 162×77×7.98mm
- 3.5mm audio jack, AK4376A DAC
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz) 2×2 MIMO , Bluetooth 5 LE, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 4000mAh battery with 22.5W fast charging
The Vivo NEX S and NEX are expected to come in a range of colors, including Black, Red and Blue. Pricing has not been mentioned in the listing, however according to earlier leak, the Vivo NEX S is rumored to be priced at 6998 yuan (US$ 1090 / Rs. 73,270 approx.) , while the Snapdragon 710-powered NEX is rumored to cost 4998 yuan (US$ 780 / Rs. 52,330 approx.), but latest rumors indicate that the phones should cost less than 5000 yuan (US$ 780 / Rs. 52,470). We should know if the price is real when it goes official on Tuesday.